Here are helpful tips to minimize dry mouth
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks often and during meals
- Avoiding drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas
- Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugarless hard candy
- Ask your dentist about products for dry mouth
Keep your teeth healthy with the following tips
- Gently brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss your teeth every day
- Use toothpaste with fluoride in it.
- Avoid sticky, sugary foods. If you do eat them, brush immediately afterward.
- Visit your dentist for a check-up at least twice a year. Your dentist might give you a special fluoride solution that you can rinse with to help keep your teeth healthy.