Are You Brushing Your Teeth Properly?
Have you ever wondered if you are brushing your teeth properly?
Dentists recommend placing your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle toward your gum line and gently moving the bristles back and forth in short strokes. Make sure to brush the outer, inner and biting surfaces of all your teeth.
On top of maintaining a 45-degree angle while brushing your teeth, here are a few tips to help you and your family maintain a happy and healthy smile!
1. Choose a soft toothbrush to assist with soft and proper brushing technique.
2. Consult with your dentist for tooth brushing tips.
3. Prevent gum loss: Don’t scrub your teeth hard.
4. Try not to rush brushing your teeth and focus on at least two minutes of brushing every time.
5. Replace your toothbrush every three to four months.
6. Instead of going back and forth while brushing your teeth focus on circular motions by starting from the gums and moving toward the direction of the teeth.
7. Apply just enough pressure to feel the bristles against the gums. If the bristles are squashing, you’re brushing too hard.